Friday, May 15, 2009

RIP Dr. Izzy Stephens and Dr. George O'Malley

I laid agast and tearful in my bed at 11 pm last night. Reeling from the tradgey that struck prime time drama. Grey's Anatomy has apparently commited suicide. In the last 5 minutes of the show, it appears that both Dr. Izzy Stephens and Dr. George O'Malley were killed off. However, if Katherine Heigl were removed from the series, it would be nothing short of suicide for this drama. As proven by other shows that have killed off a main character, such as the OC, when Misha Barton's character was killed off, there went the show right along with her.

It saddens me that the writers of Grey's would do something that could dramatically affect thier ratings by killing off a character as beloved as Izzy, not to mention the hearts of thier viewers. While it seems plausible that George would be one to go, his role seemed to have been diminshing post Izzy Stephen's break up, it is utterly heartbreaking that Izzy would be going with him.

However, I do see the potential for a plot twist, if K. Heigl is not leaving....here's what I hope happens......

Okay, so the entire episode George was telling Izzy that she needed to fight, that she made that decision and that is what she should do. Therefore, I see the potential, that once Izzy and George begin talking in "heaven" or the elevator, or wherever in deadland they are that George will tell Izzy to go back and fight, and then she will be back and ready for action.

At least this is my hope. In the meantime, I will say a tearful goodbye to my two favorite characters...

No comments:

Post a Comment